Posted May 26, 2021
Advantage Group International is seeking a collaborative and results-oriented Associate Program Manager, to join us in our journey of helping businesses be better together.
What Matters to Us:
Thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback.
Fast-moving consumer goods suppliers and retailers throughout North America began to recognize that strong and measurable relationships lie at the heart of improved business performance.
From humble beginnings and a staunch and universal belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40 countries.
Who We’re Seeking to Join Our Team:
The successful candidate ideally holds 1-2 years of experience in an administrative, project management or market research role to manage the support activities necessary for successfully executing quality benchmarking studies.
The ideal candidate will be data-savvy, with a keen eye for detail and be fluent in French.
This position is responsible for all support activities necessary for executing the customer benchmarking program(s) to include coordination of questionnaires, development of data/report specifications, data verification, report production and overall project coordination.
This position may require communications with the Program Manager (Toronto-based programs) or Country Manager & Field Manager (programs outside Canada) to ensure all aspects of the assigned programs are completed in accordance with project timelines while assuring the integrity and quality of the data.
- Customer Questionnaires – at the beginning of each program cycle, work closely with the Program Manager to check any changes to the data requirements of questionnaire as determined by the Client Services Manager/ Country Manager; develop, update and maintain the category/competitor database; prepare questionnaires and direct mail-out; maintain database of questionnaires sent and returned; and follow-up with Program Manager in the case of unreturned questionnaires.
- Specifications Development – work closely with the Program Manager to develop all report and data processing specifications taking into consideration any changes to the questionnaire, sponsor requirements, customer categories, etc. for this program cycle. Also develop report formats and data processing templates in advance of receipt of completed questionnaires.
- Data Verification – receive and process all completed questionnaires to include performing all data verification procedures and work closely with Program Manager to prepare cut-off guidelines and tabulation weighting factors.
- Project Coordination – effectively manage timelines, coordinate with outside suppliers (interviewers, translation, data processing) and coordinate aspects of report production, online and in Access, Excel, PowerPoint & PDF.
- Other – provide back-up support by completing duties as required to meet the needs of the organization
Key Position Requirements:
(C = critical; I = important; N = nice to have)
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary education, information services/market research/business administration preferred (C)
- 1+ years project coordination, market research or data management experience (I)
- Experience working in the market research industry (N)
Knowledge & Skills (competencies):
- Advanced skill level in Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Knowledge of Advanced Excel functions and formulas such as Pivot tables, V-look ups, macros etc. is necessary (C)
- Fluency (written & oral) in English (C) and French (C)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills (internal and external contacts) (C)
- Time Management Skills (I)
- Attention to Detail (C)
- Organizational skills (C)
- Analytical skills (I)
- Comfortable with data/numbers (C)
We embrace flexible working at Advantage. This role can be remote or office based, or a combination of the two. Our downtown Toronto office is currently closed, but we hope to continue flexible working for the foreseeable future, even when we reopen the office.
- Progression within the department is through the levels of Program Manager I – II – III, to Regional Program Management
- With experience and career development, for those with strong sales/account management aspirations, a possibility of moving from the Program Coordinator position to Client Services.
- With second language capabilities, employees may have the opportunity to work on programs outside of North America.
The Competencies We Value:
Advantage has identified the following set of competencies that successful Associate Program Managers are expected to demonstrate and develop in the role over time:
Knowledge of the necessity and value of teamwork; experience with and ability to participate effectively as part of a team.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
Understanding the value of accuracy and attention to detail; the ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Effective Communication
Understanding and applying effective communications concepts, tools, and techniques. The ability to effectively transmit, receive and interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviours.
- Results Orientation
Understanding of the importance of meeting or exceeding established targets and
ability to drive critical activities to completion.
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Flexibility and Adaptability
Dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment.
Why Should You Work for Us?
The Advantage Group offers an excellent work-life balance, including the following:
- Stable company, with an established client base and continual steady growth.
- Flex culture: telecommute as needed, flexible hours, collaborative office space.
- Central downtown location near King subway station.
- Intelligent and passionate team members.
- A unique business problem, a new challenge around every corner.
- Competitive salary package including health benefits and Group RRSP.
- Generous leave policy and winter holiday office closure.
Interested candidates, please submit a Cover Letter and CV in English to our Human Resources Team at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, but only those with relevant qualifications will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for anyone taking part in all aspects of the selection process.