Posted November 18, 2021
Advantage Group International is seeking an Associate Program Manager to join us in our journey of helping businesses be better together.
What Matters to Us:
Thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback.
Fast-moving consumer goods suppliers and retailers throughout North America began to recognize that strong and measurable relationships lie at the heart of improved business performance.
From humble beginnings and a staunch and universal belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40 countries.
Who We’re Seeking to Join Our Team:
The successful candidate ideally holds 1-2 years of experience in project coordination, market research, or data management. Experience within the market research industry is nice to have.
What Success Looks Like in this Role:
Reporting to the Regional Program Manager, this position is responsible for all support activities necessary for executing the customer benchmarking program(s) to include coordination of questionnaires, development of data/report specifications, data verification, report production, and overall project coordination. The APM may be required to assist on various teams in accordance with the production schedule.
This position may require communications with the Client Services Manager or VP (Toronto-based programs) or Country Manager and Field Coordinator (programs outside Canada) to ensure all aspects of the assigned program(s) are completed in accordance with project timelines while assuring the integrity and quality of the data.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Customer Questionnaires – At the beginning of each program cycle, work closely with the program management team to check any changes to the data requirements of questionnaire as determined by the Customer Service Manager/Country Manager; develop, update and maintain the category/competitor database; prepare questionnaires and direct mail-out; maintain database of questionnaires sent and returned; and follow-up with Program Managers in the case of unreturned questionnaires.
- Specifications Development – Work closely with the program management team to develop all report and data processing specifications taking into consideration any changes to the questionnaire, sponsor requirements, customer categories, etc. for this program cycle. Also develop report formats and data processing templates in advance of receipt of completed questionnaires.
- Data Verification – Receive and process all completed questionnaires to include performing all data verification procedures and work closely with the program management team to prepare cut-off guidelines and tabulation weighting factors.
- Project Management – Effectively manage timelines, coordinate with internal and external Associates and coordinate aspects of report production, in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF.
- Other – Provide back-up support by completing duties as required to meet the needs of the organization.
What We’re Looking For:
- Post-secondary education; degrees in information services, market research, or business administration are preferred;
- Relevant experience in project coordination, market research, or data management;
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel formulas;
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal and writing);
- Additional language skills are an asset;
- High comfort level managing large sets of data.
The Capabilities and Skills that Matter:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective communication
- Flexibility and Adaptability – dealing with a changing environment
- Storytelling with data
- Strong team player
- Progression within the department is through the levels of Program Manager I – II – III, to Regional Program Management
- With experience and career development, for those with strong sales/account management aspirations, a possibility of moving from the APM or PM positions to Client Services.
- With second language capabilities, employees may have the opportunity to work on programs outside of North America.
We embrace flexible working at Advantage. This role will be primarily home office based, with some team or office meetup on occasion.
Why Should You Work for Us?
The Advantage Group offers an excellent work-life balance, including the following:
- Stable company, with an established client-base and a continual steady growth.
- Flex culture: telecommute as needed, flexible hours.
- Intelligent and passionate team members.
- Unique business problem, a new challenge around every corner.
- Competitive salary package including health benefits and Group RRSP.
- Generous leave policy and winter holiday office closure.
Interested candidates, please submit a Cover Letter and CV in English to our Human Resources Team at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, but only those with relevant qualifications will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for anyone taking part in all aspects of the selection process.