Over thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback. Ron’s original idea to have retailers rate and rank their suppliers was first conceptualized in 1988. Not long after, fast-moving consumer goods suppliers and retailers throughout North America began to recognize that strong and measurable relationships lie at the heart of improved business performance. From humble beginnings and a staunch and universal belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40+ countries.
We're looking for a ...
Brand & Graphic Designer
Posted March 7, 2023
Advantage Group International is seeking an ambitious and innovative Brand and Graphic Designer.
What Matters to Us
Who We Need
We are seeking an ambitious and innovative Brand and Graphic Designer. This person will uphold and build on the high-quality global brand we have established across the visual elements of our product and service offerings.
- 60% of this role is responsible for designing the foundational visual elements of our annual product and service offerings for use by non-design team members. This challenge requires designing primarily within MS PowerPoint and ensuring that designs are easy to repurpose for others.
- 40% of this role is responsible for designing visual assets within Adobe, Canva and other design software that fulfill digital marketing and advertising objectives beyond our team’s current design capabilities.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing and People, the Brand and Graphic Designer will join a diverse team of Marketing & People specialists who each contribute to the success of the brand’s voice, awareness, and relevancy with internal and external audiences. This role requires learning a lot about our business and clients at a very fast pace.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple departments, including Client Experience, Insights, Product, Technology, Custom Solutions and Market Development, to develop marketing materials to support internal and external stakeholders
- Execute day-to-day design requests for new marketing materials or updates to existing materials (i.e., redesigns, resizing, reformatting and/or re-purposing of past materials)
- Identify design errors and make necessary adjustments and fixes prior to delivering final assets
- Create ad-hoc logos to support new product and service offerings as needed while upholding the integrity of the brand
- Aid in the development of our corporate website’s visual content and functionality with wireframes, sitemaps and high-fidelity mock-ups of both desktop and mobile environments
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design is required
- 1-2 years of work experience in a graphic design department or agency is required
- Proficiency in the Adobe trifecta of design programs & Microsoft Office (PowerPoint specifically) is required
- A portfolio that showcases the breadth and depth of your work across a variety of print and digital mediums
- Experience designing corporate collateral, including presentations, printed brochures, sell sheets, advertisements, etc.
- Experience creating web-based designs, including digital ads, email newsletters, web banners, and front-end web design (requires working knowledge of HTML and CSS); working knowledge of Figma is considered an advantage
- Proficiency with common marketing automation tools including WordPress, MailChimp and Canva
An excellent candidate will exhibit the following
- Works comfortably independently and makes decisions autonomously
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Strong at creating efficiencies and streamlining approaches for easy replication
- Can think critically and pose unique solutions to established problems
- Takes feedback constructively and applies it with ease
- Active listening skills and the ability to ask relevant questions to decode messages
- Takes initiative and is unafraid to learn by trial and error
- Implements innovative design principles while remaining true to brand
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Can engage with all levels of management throughout an organization with professionalism
Why Should You Work for Us?
The Advantage Group offers an excellent work-life balance, including the following:
- Excellent work-life balance: flexible hours, hybrid working and generous vacation policy
- Opportunities for growth and professional development
- A paid day off on your birthday
- One volunteer day off per year
- Strong corporate culture: monthly company-wide gatherings for global community-building
- Health benefits including counselling and mental health support
- Competitive compensation including Group RRSP