Thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback.
From humble beginnings and a staunch and universal belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40 countries.
Provides sales and client service leadership for the Advantage business in the UK & Ireland. Specific responsibilities include:
- Achieve revenue growth goals by maximizing client retention and increasing market penetration
- Identify and win new business opportunities for existing and new services
- Build strong business relationships and networks with our clients (suppliers and retailers) and ensure that they are gaining value and insights from the Advantage programmes
- As a thought leader, helps to enhance the Advantage brand, building our status as trusted advisor within the FMCG community, through presentations, workshops, and industry conference participation
- Assists the Managing Director in developing the annual business plans for the UK & Ireland market
- Provides regular client reports and performance updates
- Provide leadership to and supports the UK client facing team
- Works collaboratively with the UK Operations Director, Programme Directors, and local and global Programme management and Client service teams
This role can be home or office based in the UK but within reasonable travelling distance for regular visits to our office in Somerset. Expected travel is moderate but may be high at peak times of the year:
- Meetings with and presentations to senior retailer and supplier clients in the UK/Ireland will be required.
- Relevant conferences or industry events
- Occasional meetings at our Global office in Toronto or regionally in Europe
- Use of VC, telephone, or teleconference frequently
Advantage Group has identified the following set of competencies that successful Client Service leaders demonstrate and develop in the role over time:
- Outstanding Industry Connectivity
Building thriving relationships within the UK and Ireland grocery industry, particularly FMCG suppliers and retailers. Becoming a trusted advisor within the FMCG community and creating mutually beneficial relationships with individuals outside of our own organisation that allows access to resources and expertise.
- Client Leadership
Acting as an advocate for our clients, understanding their needs, and recommending the right solutions. Conducting the necessary activities to drive long-term, sustainable, growth for both Advantage and our clients, while achieving high levels of client engagement.
- Prospecting for Growth
The ability to use prospecting principles, processes, and tools to identify and engage potential supplier and retailer clients in the market while continually prospecting within existing clients to understand and present solutions that meet their business needs.
- Effective Communication
Understanding and applying effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques. The ability to effectively transmit, receive, and interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviours.
- Insightful Presentations
The ability to present compelling and actionable insights using relevant Advantage data, qualitative insight, and trends. Proficient at using storytelling tools and techniques to engage clients and deliver new information. Can facilitate workshops to enable clients to develop clear, simple action plans to improve their performance.
- Business and Financial Planning
The ability to apply business and financial concepts to make business plans and decisions to create value for our company and for our clients.
- Entrepreneurial Drive
The ability to take different and creative actions to overcome obstacles that get in the way of reaching goals. Being driven, ambitious, and motivated to grow the business and exceed targets consistently and successfully.
- Strategic Agility
The ability to anticipate future opportunities and trends accurately. Being future oriented and able to create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Understands current market dynamics and future trends predicted by Advantage data and industry insight
- Coaching for Success
Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods; ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
Advantage offers an attractive salary package with fringe benefits.
Interested candidates please submit a Cover Letter and CV to our Human Resources Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants, but only those with relevant qualifications will be contacted.