Thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback.
From humble beginnings and a staunch and universal belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40 countries.
Reporting to the Client Service Director, UK & Ireland, the successful candidate ideally holds 5+ years of experience in a senior sales, category management and/or customer marketing role at a large FMCG supplier, and/or has held a category trading management position at a grocery retailer.
Client service experience at a market research or marketing agency, or servicing clients within the FMCG and Grocery Retail sectors is desirable but not essential.
Current or recent experience of the UK grocery industry is a must-have with either a strong supplier or retailer background. Knowledge of other retail, digital and wholesale sales channels is desirable
Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Tableau or other BI tools is considered an asset but not essential.
Winning new clients and retaining existing clients through excellent account management and prospecting skills. Engaging clients in both our syndicated annual industry research programmes and offering new custom solutions to meet retailer and supplier needs as they seek to understand and leverage their critical business partner and stakeholder relationships in the Advantage business in the UK & Ireland. Specific responsibilities include:
- Achieve revenue growth goals by maximizing client retention and increasing market penetration
- Identify and win new business opportunities for existing and new Advantage services
- Build strong business relationships and networks with our clients (suppliers and retailers) and ensure that they are gaining value and insights from the Advantage programmes
- Helps to enhance the Advantage brand, building our status as trusted advisor within the FMCG community, through presentations, workshops, and industry conference participation
- Assists the Managing Director / Client Service Director in developing the annual business plans for the UK & Ireland market
- Provides regular client reports and performance updates
- Plays an active team role in and supports the UK client facing team
- Works collaboratively with the UK Operations Director, Programme Managers, and local and global Programme management and Client service teams
This role can be home or office based in the UK but within reasonable travelling distance for regular monthly visits to our office in Somerset. Expected travel (to meet clients) is moderate but may be high at peak times of the year:
- Meetings with and presentations to senior retailer and supplier clients in the UK/Ireland will be required.
- Participating and attending relevant conferences or industry events
- Use of VC, telephone, or teleconference frequently
Advantage has identified the following set of competencies that successful Client Service leaders demonstrate and develop in the role over time:
1. Outstanding Industry Connectivity
Building thriving relationships within the UK and Ireland grocery industry, particularly FMCG suppliers and retailers. Becoming a trusted advisor within the FMCG community and creating mutually beneficial relationships with individuals outside of our own organisation that allows access to resources and expertise.
2. Client Leadership
Acting as an advocate for our clients, understanding their needs, and recommending the right solutions. Conducting the necessary activities to drive long-term, sustainable, growth for both Advantage and our clients, while achieving high levels of client engagement.
3. Prospecting for Growth
The ability to use prospecting principles, processes, and tools to identify and engage potential supplier and retailer clients in the market while continually prospecting within existing clients to understand and present solutions that meet their business needs.
4. Effective Communication
Understanding and applying effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques. The ability to effectively transmit, receive, and interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviours.
5. Insightful Presentations
The ability to present compelling and actionable insights using relevant Advantage data, qualitative insight, and trends. Proficient at using storytelling tools and techniques to engage clients and deliver new information. Can facilitate workshops to enable clients to develop clear, simple action plans to improve their performance.
6. Business and Financial Planning
The ability to apply business and financial concepts to make business plans and decisions to create value for our company and for our clients.
7. Entrepreneurial Drive
The ability to take different and creative actions to overcome obstacles that get in the way of reaching goals. Being driven, ambitious, and motivated to grow the business and exceed targets consistently and successfully.
8. Strategic Agility
The ability to anticipate future opportunities and trends accurately. Being future oriented and able to create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Understands current market dynamics and future trends predicted by Advantage data and industry insight
Advantage offers an attractive salary package with fringe benefits.