Thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback.
Ron’s original idea to have retailers rate and rank their suppliers was first conceptualized in 1988. Not long after, fast-moving consumer goods suppliers and retailers throughout North America began to recognize that strong and measurable relationships lie at the heart of improved business performance.
From humble beginnings and a staunch and universal belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40+ countries.
Reporting to our SVP Managing Director, USA, the successful candidate ideally holds 10+ years of experience in key account sales and/or customer marketing roles at a large FMCG supplier, and/or has held senior management positions at a grocery, drug, convenience or online retailer.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience and connectivity with large CPG retailers and suppliers. Client service experience at a market research firm, servicing clients within the consumer goods and retail sectors is also viewed as an asset. Experience in another industry or B2B channel will also be considered.
Provide organizational, sales and client service leadership for the Advantage business in the U.S. marketplace. Specific responsibilities include:
- Achieve sales and profit goals by maximizing client retention and increasing market penetration
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Build strong business relationships with our CPG clients and ensure that they are gaining value and insights from the Advantage program
- As a thought leader, help to enhance the Advantage brand within the FMCG community through keynote presentations, conference/association participation, white papers, published articles, and other similar efforts
- Assist in the development of annual business plans for the U.S. market, and provide Advantage Home Office with regular reports and updates
- Provide leadership to and support the U.S. operations and field coordination team
- Work closely with the US operations and field coordination teams to ensure the client service responsibilities of program management are conducted in a timely and well-managed fashion
- Work closely with the Commercial and Finance teams to ensure alignment to business strategy and processes
This role will begin remote (home office based), but potentially evolve into a small in-market office. Travel will be limited during the global pandemic, as many presentations and sales meetings may be conducted virtually.
If travel and business restrictions change, expectations on travel may evolve to include travel:
- To client and retailer offices for presentations and meetings (more in the second half of the calendar year)
- Occasionally to Toronto Office
- Relevant conferences or industry events
Advantage has identified the following set of competencies that successful client service leaders demonstrate and develop in the role over time:
- Outstanding Industry Connectivity
Building thriving relationships within the industry, particularly CPG companies and retail groups. Becoming a trusted advisor within the CPG community and creating mutually beneficial relationships with individuals outside of our own organization that allows access to resources and expertise.
Acting as an advocate for our clients, understanding their needs, and recommending the right solutions. Conducting the necessary activities to drive long-term, sustainable, profitable growth for both Advantage and our clients, while achieving high levels of client engagement.
The ability to use prospecting principles, processes, and tools to identify and engage potential clients in the market while continually prospecting within existing clients to capitalize on additional business opportunities.
Understanding and applying effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques. The ability to effectively transmit, receive, and interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
The ability to present innovative, actionable insights using relevant market data and trends. Proficient at using storytelling tools and techniques to engage clients and deliver new information.
- Business and Financial Planning
The ability to apply financial concepts to make business plans and decisions to create value for our company and our clients.
The ability to take different actions to overcome obstacles that get in the way of reaching goals. Being driven, ambitious, and motivated to grow the business and exceed targets consistently and successfully.
The ability to anticipate future opportunities and trends accurately. Being future oriented and able to create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Superior Commanding Skills
The ability to eliminate road blocks to zero in on what’s important. Being able to take unpopular stands when necessary and face adversity head on.
Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods; ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
Advantage offers an excellent work-life balance, including the following:
- Stable company with an established client base
- Flex culture
- Intelligent and passionate team members
- A unique business problem, a new challenge around every corner
- Competitive salary package including health benefits and 401k matching
- Generous leave policy and winter holiday office closure
Interested candidates, please submit a Cover Letter and CV to our Human Resources Team at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, but only those with relevant qualifications will be contacted.