Thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback.
Ron’s original idea to have retailers rate and rank their suppliers was first conceptualized in 1988. Not long after, fast-moving consumer goods suppliers and retailers throughout North America began to recognize that strong and measurable relationships lie at the heart of improved business performance.
From humble beginnings and a staunch and universal belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40+ countries.
Reporting to our Vice President, Global Clients Development, the successful candidate ideally holds proven experience in key account sales and connectivity with large CPG retailers and suppliers. Experience in sales and client management in the services industries is also viewed as an asset.
Provide organizational, sales and client service leadership for the Advantage Global business. Specific responsibilities include:
- Build strong business relationships with our CPG clients ensuring that they are gaining value and insights from your work with them and that you strengthen their advocacy for Advantage
- Achieve sales and profit goals of client portfolio and meet new business development targets
- Work closely with the Commercial and Finance teams to ensure alignment to business strategy and processes including meeting all targets and requirements for financial reporting – budgets, forecast estimates for clients across global and local investments
- Work closely across appropriate functions of the business to meet the needs of your clients and in developing client proposals
- Exercise strong business acumen and negotiation skills to achieve win-win agreements with your clients
- Provide leadership to and support Market Leaders on developing and nurturing the collaboration with global clients at the country level
- As a thought leader, help to enhance the Advantage brand within the FMCG community through keynote presentations, conference/association participation, white papers, published articles, and other similar efforts
The candidate will ideally be based in Europe. This role will begin remote (home office based), but may potentially evolve into a small in-market office depending on location. Travel will be limited during the global pandemic, as many presentations and sales meetings may be conducted virtually.
If travel and business restrictions change, expectations on travel may evolve to include travel:
- To client and retailer offices for presentations and meetings (more in the second half of the calendar year)
- Occasionally to Toronto Office
- Relevant conferences or industry events
- Expertise in the CPG retail industry
- A strong network of global contacts amongst CPG suppliers and retailers
- A strong client-service and business development orientation
- Practical understanding of market research principles/concepts as well of Advantage products
- An ability to manage complex consulting projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills at top management level, especially in a virtual environment
- Ability to digest insight from data and create story-telling style presentations
- Ability to work independently and an entrepreneurial mindset a positive attitude, zest for learning and always seeking innovations and efficiencies
- An ability to create and foster strong inter-departmental communications advocating for client’s interest
- Good listening skills, be obsessed with knowing and understanding client needs
- Strong sense of urgency
Tentative Start Date: June 2021