Over thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback. Ron’s original idea to have retailers rate and rank their suppliers was first conceptualized in 1988. Not long after, fast-moving consumer goods suppliers and retailers throughout North America began to recognize that strong and measurable relationships lie at the heart of improved business performance. From humble beginnings and a staunch and universal belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40+ countries.
We're looking for a ...
Director, In-Market Operations
Posted March 13, 2023
Advantage Group is seeking a quality-driven, organized and enthusiastic Operations Director in the USA.
What Matters to Us
Who We’re Seeking to Join Our Team
The successful candidate ideally holds 5+ years of experience in a senior administrative, project management, operations, or market research role to manage the support activities necessary for successfully executing quality syndicated and bespoke research studies. Experience in managing a team would also be an asset.
What Success Looks Like in this Role
The Operations Director leads the team responsible for the program management, fieldwork, and report production of all Advantage benchmarking surveys in the US and supports other custom client research as required. Plans and delivers operational excellence through helping define and deliver the US program schedule.
- Collaborates with the in-market Managing Director and Client Service and Operational Field teams, as well as with the Program Management team in the global (Toronto) HQ to ensure that the Advantage programs run on schedule and fit within the overall company-wide strategic goals to deliver high quality added-value insight
- Manages all local activities necessary for the execution and successful completion of Advantage benchmarking programs in the US market
- Responsible for the on-time and on budget successful completion of qualitative research, including hiring and training temporary staff for interviews/transcribing/ editing
- Oversees communication with clients and retailers in follow-ups by phone and/or email to ensure fieldwork is managed to the right quality and meets key milestone timings. Reviews ratings received daily to ensure the quality of the data, response rates, and coverage are tracked and targets achieved
- Compiles sponsor and retailer intelligence from different data sources. Solid understanding of how retailers and manufacturers are structured at a business unit and category level
- Oversees requirements gathering from sponsors and retailers; ensuring that they are captured in the program set-up
- Oversees survey response coverage daily and makes critical decisions to correct gaps and ensure fieldwork meets key milestones
- Collaborates with the Program Management team in Toronto on the preparation and verification of data processing and reporting specifications, and in assuring the integrity and quality of the data
Insights and Client-Service Support
- Collaborates with the Managing Director, the client facing team, and the Program Management team in Toronto to ensure the delivery of insightful reports that are closely aligned with sponsor and retailer business needs, to the agreed schedule.
Where You’ll be Located
This role is home office based. Expected travel is minimal:
- Occasional meeting with clients in the US may be required.
- Occasional meetings at Toronto Head Office
- Use of Video Conference is frequent
What We’re Looking For
- University degree or equivalent relevant experience
- 5+ years of relevant administrative, project management, operations or market research experience
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Tableau or other BI tools is considered an asset
- Proven ability to communicate in English (verbal and written)
The Capabilities and Skills that Matter
- Possess a keen eye for detail and be comfortable with data/numbers
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and with suppliers/retailers
- Reliably work with limited supervision and a high sense of urgency
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Team leadership
The Competencies We Value
Advantage has identified the following set of competencies that successful managers, are expected to demonstrate and develop in the role over time. Most of these will apply to the Operations Director role.
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking
Making good and timely decisions that keep the organisation moving forward; ability to accurately analyse situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
Knowledge of the necessity and value of teamwork; experience of and ability to participate effectively as part of a team.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
Understanding the value of accuracy and attention to detail; the ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Effective Communication
Understanding and applying effective communications concepts, tools, and techniques. The ability to effectively transmit, receive, and interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviours.
- Results Orientation
Understanding of the importance of meeting or exceeding established targets and ability to drive critical activities to completion.
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Flexibility and Adaptability
Dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment.
- Managing Multiple Priorities
The ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments about prioritizing and time allocation.
- Helping Others Succeed / Team leadership
Supporting others to improve performance and meet career and organization’s goals; and ability to motivate individuals and team.
- Client Leadership and Market knowledge
Building strong internal and external client relationships and delivering client centric solutions. Possesses or develops a strong understanding of the US market environment and dynamics
Advantage offers an attractive salary package with fringe benefits.
Interested candidates please submit a Cover Letter and Resume to our Human Resources Team at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, but only those with relevant qualifications will be contacted.