Thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback.
Fast-moving consumer goods suppliers and retailers throughout North America began to recognize that strong and measurable relationships lie at the heart of improved business performance.
From humble beginnings and a staunch and universal belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40 countries.
The successful candidate ideally holds 5+ years of experience in a customer centric, project management or market research role to manage the support activities necessary for successfully executing quality benchmarking studies.
The ideal candidate will build relationships with clients (retailers and suppliers) and is able to confidently interact with clients independently.
This position is responsible for leading the program quality in terms of our contact database, survey response rates and reporting of the customer benchmarking programs. This will be accomplished through managing and conducting the fieldwork activities necessary to deliver programs with operational excellence.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Client Service and Program Management teams to set and adhere to program scheduling, fitting within the overall company-wide strategic goals.
- Obtains, manages and prepares contact lists for Supplier Sponsors and Retailers (hereafter referred to as ‘Clients’)
- Provides ready to mail Contact Lists to the Toronto program management team for the mail out of surveys (for both Retailer and Supplier surveys).
- Manages field tasks like mail out of some surveys, provides guidance to respondents on how to complete the survey and reviews ratings received daily to ensure reportability of data.
- Works with the tools available and information requested by Sponsors to identify key respondents for interviews.
- Works with Qualitative Research department to finalise the Interview Guideline meeting all Client requirements.
- Monitors survey response coverage daily, make critical decisions to correct gaps and ensure fieldwork meets key milestones and driving Client Service engagement when needed.
- Oversees Program Managers and Contract staff, to support with respondent follow-ups by phone and email to ensure survey completion and timely field closure.
- Proactively and relentlessly manages response rates to ensure high response rates and that specific individuals clients have requested have completed the survey such that there is strong coverage across accounts and functions for every client.
- Act as a bridge between Client Service and Operations/Program Management teams to help each team understand and meet the requirements of the other in a timely fashion. Monitor status of programs and provide frequent updates and answers to Client Service and Program Management teams.
- Collaborate with the Program Management team with the preparation and verification of data processing and reporting specifications, and in assuring the integrity and quality of the data.
- Ensure delivery of reports are aligned to Client business needs, to the agreed schedule.
- Supporting Client Service during presentation season as may be required and to gain closer understanding of how clients are using our reporting to help further serve their needs through ensuring high standards of program quality.
• Possess a keen eye for detail and be comfortable with data/numbers
• A relentless pursuit for quality and ability to drive others to reach quality outcomes
• Adeptness with digital/online tools to support the panel management process
• Strong communication skills to communicate effectively internally across departments and with clients suppliers/retailers across hierarchies and functions
• Reliably work with autonomously and a high sense of accountability and urgency and ability to know when and how to elevate issues
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work, engaging others in the process
• Strong team player
• Flexibility and Adaptability – dealing with a changing environment
We embrace flexible working at Advantage. This role can be remote or office based, or a combination of the two. Our downtown Toronto office is currently closed, but we hope to continue flexible working for the foreseeable future, even when we reopen the office.
Advantage has identified the following set of competencies that successful Field Research Managers are expected to demonstrate and develop in the role over time:
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking
Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
Knowledge of the necessity and value of teamwork; experience with and ability to participate effectively as part of a team.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
Understanding the value of accuracy and attention to detail; the ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Effective Communication
Understanding and applying effective communications concepts, tools, and techniques. The ability to effectively transmit, receive, and interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Results Orientation
Understanding of the importance of meeting or exceeding established targets and ability to drive critical activities to completion.
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Flexibility and Adaptability
Dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment.
- Managing Multiple Priorities
The ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Helping Others Succeed
Supporting others to improve performance and meet career and organization’s goals; and ability to motivate individuals and team.
- Client Leadership
Building strong internal and external client relationships and delivering client centric solutions
Advantage offers an attractive salary package with fringe benefits.