Posted June 28 2022
Advantage Group International is seeking an ambitious and resilient (Senior) Manager, Client Service, to join us in our journey of helping people and organizations work better together.
What Matters to Us:
Thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback.
Ron’s original idea to have retailers rate and rank their suppliers was first conceptualized in 1988. Not long after, fast-moving consumer goods suppliers and retailers throughout North America began to recognize that strong and measurable relationships lie at the heart of improved business performance.
From humble beginnings and a staunch and universal belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40+ countries.
Who We’re Seeking to Join Our Team:
We are seeking for a (Senior) Manager Client Service for the German market. Reporting to our Country Manager, Germany the successful candidate ideally holds 5+ years of experience in grocery or non-food, either on retailer or supplier side.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience and connectivity with large CPG retailers and suppliers. Client service experience at a market research firm, servicing clients within the consumer goods and retail sectors is also viewed as an asset. Experience in another industry or B2B channel will also be considered.
What Success Looks Like in this Role:
Provide organizational, sales and client service leadership for the Advantage business in the German marketplace. Specific responsibilities include:
- Build strong business relationships with our CPG clients and ensure that they are gaining value and insights from the Advantage program
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Achieve sales and profit goals by maximizing client retention and increasing market penetration
- Has a hands on mentality: need to perform both commercial and operational tasks
- Work closely with the operations and field coordination teams to ensure the client service responsibilities of program management are conducted in a timely and well managed fashion
Where You’ll be Located:
This role will be remote (home office based).
As travel and business restrictions change, expectations on travel may evolve to include travel:
- To client and retailer offices for presentations and meetings
- Regional Connect meetings within the organization or potentially to Toronto office
- Relevant conferences or industry events
The Capabilities and Skills that Matter:
- A positive attitude, zest for learning and always seeking innovations and efficiencies
- Ability to work independently and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong client-service and business development orientation
- Practical understanding of market research principles / concepts
- Stellar written and oral communication skills
- German native speaker, fluency in English is required as well.
The Competencies We Value:
Advantage has identified the following set of competencies that successful client service leaders demonstrate and develop in the role over time:
Acting as an advocate for our clients, understanding their needs, and recommending the right solutions. Conducting the necessary activities to drive long-term, sustainable, profitable growth for both Advantage and our clients, while achieving high levels of client engagement.
The ability to present innovative, actionable insights using relevant market data and trends. Proficient at using storytelling tools and techniques to engage clients and deliver new information.
Prospecting for Growth
The ability to use prospecting principles, processes, and tools to identify and engage potential clients in the market while continually prospecting within existing clients to capitalize on additional business opportunities.
Understanding and applying effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques. The ability to effectively transmit, receive, and interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Why Is This Role Interesting For You?
Advantage offers an excellent work-life balance, including the following:
- Stable company with an established client-base
- Unique business proposition, a new challenge around every corner
- Flex culture
- Intelligent and passionate team members
- Competitive salary package
- Training and growth opportunities within an internationally operating company
Interested candidates please submit a Cover Letter and CV (in English) to our Human Resources Team at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, but only those with relevant qualifications will be contacted.