Thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback.
Ron’s original idea to have retailers rate and rank their suppliers was first conceptualized in 1988. Not long after, fast-moving consumer goods suppliers and retailers throughout North America began to recognize that strong and measurable relationships lie at the heart of improved business performance.
From humble beginnings and a staunch and universal belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40+ countries.
The Advantage team is undertaking the most significant business transformation in its history. Headquartered in Toronto, and operating in 40 markets, Advantage is on a journey to digitise all elements of the business process from client engagement through to managing our research panel, classification and process of our respondent data, and the reporting of our data to clients.
After a successful proof of concept in two pilot markets last year, the primary focus of this role is to work as part of the Program Leadership Team tasked with scaling the PoC and migrating all markets and programs to a new Target Operating Model (TOM). The primary function of this role is to assist in the detailed definition of this TOM and manage the transition process of our operations group by aligning the right process, roles, and technologies.
Advantage is seeking a senior leader capable of driving outcomes across a global business. We are seeking someone who will utilise their experience in all elements of the market research process to drive the business transformation from an operational perspective. The role is critical within the business and will be a key member of the team. The majority of our business is syndicated so experience of leadership and management of the end-to-end process across a global organisation is preferred.
The Director is a change leader, that is passionate about defining and delivering meaningful technology, product, and process change in a global business with operational and research excellence.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide program leadership for the business’ transformation process, including technology, business, and change streams
- Facilitate the definition of the target operating model for the operations group – including service definition, roles and responsibilities, and SLAs from head office to market
- Partner with multiple areas of the business to design and deliver a transformation process that spans Technology, Operations, Product, Finance and Customer Experience
- Establish a support model for business users to facilitate the effective rollout of new processes, tools, and technologies to in-market and head office operational teams
- Manage the internal change process (both at head office and in-market) as part of the global program rollout – including communications, training, onboarding, transition management and contingency planning
- Drive the Operations team to deliver change and embed new processes / ways of working
- Contribute innovative ideas, business cases, and proof of concepts that can create value for the business
- Where required, contribute to and propose organizational design options for both end state and interim team / role structures
The capabilities and skills that matter:
- Experience driving a transformation process that spans business, technology, and product
- Operations leadership experience considered an asset
- Passionate about the role of technology in delivering enhanced product experiences and business improvements
- Stakeholder / business navigation: from commercial leaders to technical and program management teams, you must be adept at understanding the value of collaboration in delivering sustainable business change
- Experience managing end-to-end digitization of business processes
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of change management with proven experience leading teams through technology-driven organizational change
- A strong delivery mindset and ability to anticipate (and navigate) hurdles, roadblocks, and risks
- Highly adaptable to changing circumstances, diverse projects and shifting priorities – comfortable managing uncertainty
- Can operate both tactically and strategically – often at the same time
- Excellent communication skills – ability to manage relationships and build rapport across all levels of the organization and with a diverse set of cultures and nationalities
- Intrapreneurial drive – gets excited about making businesses stronger through projects, products, realignment, process enhancements
We embrace flexible working at Advantage. This role can be remote, or office based, or a combination of the two. Our downtown Toronto office is currently closed, but we hope to continue flexible working for the foreseeable future, even when we reopen the office.
Advantage has identified the following set of competencies that the successful candidate is expected to demonstrate and develop in the role over time:
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking
Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
Knowledge of the necessity and value of teamwork; experience with and ability to participate effectively as part of a team.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
Understanding the value of accuracy and attention to detail; the ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Effective Communication
Understanding and applying effective communications concepts, tools, and techniques. The ability to effectively transmit, receive, and interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Results Orientation
Understanding of the importance of meeting or exceeding established targets and ability to drive critical activities to completion.
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Flexibility and Adaptability
Dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment.
- Managing Multiple Priorities
The ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Helping Others Succeed
Supporting others to improve performance and meet career and organization’s goals; and ability to motivate individuals and team.
- Client Leadership
Building strong internal and external client relationships and delivering client centric solutions.
Advantage offers an attractive salary package with fringe benefits.
Interested candidates, please submit a Cover Letter and CV in English to our Human Resources Team at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, but only those with relevant qualifications will be contacted.