Advantage partners with the world’s most ambitious suppliers and retailers to enrich business relationships and accelerate success. Advantage is a global expert in business measurement and benchmarking. Our benchmarks form the platforms for enriched relationships. We deliver independent insights that highly competitive suppliers and retailers need to step up to today’s challenges, strengthen their business relationships and unlock growth and profitability that would have been inaccessible otherwise.
Posted January 10, 2022
Advantage Group International is seeking a diligent and dedicated People Coordinator to grow our employee brand and contribute to the development of our associate value promise.
Who We Are:
Who We Need:
We are looking for a diligent and dedicated People Coordinator to join our HR team. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the People Coordinator should be eager to take initiative in a small but busy team that supports a global associate base. In this role, you will provide operational and tactical support for the employee life cycle, while championing our values and culture. You will support the team to ensure we deliver a best-in-class employee experience.
What You'll Do:
- Assist with full-cycle recruitment activities including posting jobs, reviewing resumes, screening candidates, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, coordinating offer letter preparation
- Support orientation and payroll and benefits enrolment for new hires, and ensure all documentation is completed for meticulous record-keeping
- Maintain HRIS platforms e.g. payroll, benefits, timesheet software
- Support employee programs such as engagement, performance development, learning and compensation administration
- HR Admin support such as time, vacation reconciliation, creation of memos, policy updates etc.
- Participate and contribute to the health and safety program and initiatives
- Act as point of contact for staff inquires on HR policies and procedures
- Help coordinate various company events, functions or meetings
What We’re Looking For:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- General knowledge of HR theories, best practices, and legislation
- Minimum 1-2 years working experience in a customer service role, administrative role, or in an HR role considered an asset
You must have:
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise tact with sensitive information
- High degree of emotional intelligence, translating into stellar interpersonal skills
- A “can-do” attitude and a willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Comfort with working with HR data and metrics
- A resourceful and proactive mindset with the ability to work
- Experience with an HRIS is considered a plus
Why Should You Work for Us?
Advantage offers an excellent work-life balance, including the following:
- Stable company, with an established client-base and a continual steady growth
- Flex culture: remote working, flexible hours
- Intelligent and passionate team members
- Unique business problem, a new challenge around every corner
- Competitive salary package including health benefits, EAP and Group RRSP
- Generous leave policy and winter holiday office closure
To apply, send your cover letter and CV to our Human Resources Team at email@example.com
We thank all applicants, but only those with relevant qualifications will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for anyone taking part in all aspects of the selection process.