The People Manager will provide ongoing people management and culture leadership to a global business of over 230 associates located remotely across the GTA and in the U.S., Latin America, Europe, and AMEA. The successful candidate will partner with business leaders at various levels to execute the following disciplines as needed: recruitment, performance management, talent development, succession planning, learning and development and employee engagement. We are seeking a change manager who has experience building and enhancing a segmented workforce working remotely and across multiple time zones.
This role will be a vital member of an engaged, high-performing team with diverse skills. The successful candidate should be a self-starter who is eager to take initiative and has a positive attitude. We are looking for someone who is understanding and empathetic to the unique needs of team members.
The People Manager will be fundamental in elevating the company’s corporate culture to new heights.
C = Critical, I = Important, N = Nice to have
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with impeccable attention to detail (C)
- The ability to present information in a clear and concise manner and influence others (I)
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment (I)
- Excellent organizational, planning, and management skills (C)
- A curious mind that is interested in learning and not afraid to ask questions (N)
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed (C)
- A true “people” person: friendly, approachable and transparent (C)
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and be able to work independently (I)
- Proactive approach in resolving problems and issues (I)
- Excellent work-life balance: flexible hours, hybrid working and generous vacation policy
- Opportunities for growth and professional development
- A paid day off on your birthday
- One volunteer day off per year
- Strong corporate culture: Monthly company-wide gatherings for global community-building
- Health benefits including counselling and mental health support
- Competitive compensation including Group RRSP
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, therefore if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at Advantage.