Thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback.
From humble beginnings and a staunch and universal belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40 countries.
The successful candidate ideally holds 2-3 years of experience in a project management, marketing, category, or market research and will manage some of our industry defining research programmes. Some experience or knowledge of the UK grocery industry is desirable.
The Research Programme Manager designs and delivers key Advantage benchmarking research programmes in our UK & Ireland business. He/she will be a great team player working with the UK programme management and client service team to manage annual research programmes through the key stages of design, specification, fieldwork, data analysis and insight, and report production and delivery. Advantage Group International is a global business and the Research Programme Manager will also work with colleagues in our global office in Toronto and other markets (via telephone/email/video calls)
Project Design & Management Excellence
- The Research Programme Manager collaborates with the Programme Director, Operations team, and Client Service team, in the UK and Toronto to ensure that the Advantage programmes are designed and run on schedule and fit within the overall company-wide strategic goals to deliver high quality added-value insight
- With the Operations team, the Research Programme Manager manages the local activities necessary for the design, specification, execution and reporting of key Advantage benchmarking programmes in the UK & Ireland market
- Works with the Operations team, and our team of interviewers and editors, to successfully complete the qualitative research phase of the Advantage programmes.
- With the other Research Programme Managers, Programme Director, and Operations team, communicates with supplier clients and retailers in follow-ups by phone, VC, and/or email to ensure fieldwork is managed to the right quality and meets key milestone timings. Reviews completed surveys received to ensure the quality of the data, response rates, and coverage are tracked and targets achieved
- Compiles supplier and retailer intelligence from different data sources, and according to GDPR or other relevant standards and requirements.
- Current or recent experience of working with or understanding the UK grocery industry – retailers and manufacturers.
- With the Operations and Client service team, gathers research requirements from Suppliers and Retailers; ensuring that they are captured in the programme set-up and specification
- With the Operations team, monitors survey response and coverage and makes critical decisions to correct gaps and ensure fieldwork meets key milestones
- Collaborates with the Operations team in the UK and the Programme Management team in Toronto on the preparation and verification of data processing and reporting specifications, and in assuring the integrity and quality of the data
Insights and Client-Service Support
- Collaborates with the Programme Director, Operations team, the Client facing team, and the Programme Management team in Toronto to ensure the on-time delivery of insightful reports that are closely aligned with Supplier and Retailer business needs, to the agreed schedule.
This role is offered on a flexible working base – part from home and part from our office based in the UK in Yeovil, Somerset. Expected to be working in the office 2-4 times per month. Use of VC, telephone, or teleconference frequently.
Advantage has identified the following set of competencies that successful managers, are expected to demonstrate and develop in the role over time. Most of these will apply to the Programme Director role.
1. Decision Making and Critical Thinking
Making good and timely decisions that keep the organisation moving forward; ability to accurately analyse situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
Knowledge of the necessity and value of teamwork; experience of and ability to participate effectively as part of a team.
3. Accuracy and Attention to Detail
Understanding the value of accuracy and attention to detail; the ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
4. Effective Communication
Understanding and applying effective communications concepts, tools, and techniques. The ability to effectively transmit, receive, and interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviours.
5. Results Orientation
Understanding of the importance of meeting or exceeding established targets and ability to drive critical activities to completion.
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
7. Flexibility and Adaptability
Dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment.
8. Managing Multiple Priorities
The ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments about prioritising and time allocation.
Advantage offers an attractive salary package with fringe benefits.
Interested candidates please submit a Cover Letter and CV to our Human Resources Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through LinkedIn.
We thank all applicants, but only those with relevant qualifications will be contacted.