Over thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback. Fast-moving consumer goods suppliers and retailers throughout North America began to recognize that strong and measurable relationships lie at the heart of improved business performance. From humble beginnings and a staunch and universal belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40 countries worldwide.
Posted January 10, 2022
Advantage Group International is seeking a passionate and creative Senior Content & Communications Specialist to join us on the journey of helping businesses be better together.
What Matters to Us:
Who We’re Seeking to Join Our Team:
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Senior Content & Communications Specialist will execute our content and communications strategies as we navigate a landmark transition within our business’ 30+ year history. This is a hands-on role designed for a passionate writer with editorial experience who can digest the complexities of our business and communicate them in a way that is comprehensive and compelling for key stakeholders both internally and externally.
You will be a vital member of an engaged, high-performing team with diverse skills. You should be a self-starter who is eager to take initiative. We are looking for someone who is open to learning a lot at a very fast pace.
What Success Looks Like in this Role:
- Develop a deep understanding of our product offering, key business challenges, client experience and target personas to tell compelling stories that resonate, engage and convert
- Manage content projects from ideation through to fruition, collaborating and communicating with key stakeholders, including the creation and execution (copywriting, interviewing, editing, proofreading) of all content as required – such as blogs, ads, editorials, website content, product descriptions, sell sheets, newsletters, press releases, articles, video scripts, memos, guides, etc.
- Leverage research and insights to create informative stories packaged in a variety of mediums to build customer loyalty, brand awareness, and support demand generation
- Manage our brand voice across owned social media channels (LinkedIn & YouTube), driving measurable growth and user engagement with compelling copywriting
- Ensure content is factually accurate, consistent with approved messaging and in the appropriate voice and format
- Develop ad-hoc sales and marketing content to support the business as needed, ensuring brand standards and voice are upheld
The Qualifications That Matter:
- Degree in creative writing, journalism, communications or a related field is required
- 3-5 years of professional experience in journalism, content marketing, public relations or corporate communications
- Experience in the CPG industry is preferred; B2B and/or market research experience is considered an asset
- Proven track record writing, editing and proofreading high-impact, professional-quality marketing and sales content in a variety of mediums
- Demonstrated experience championing a brand’s voice across a variety of social and digital channels to increase audience engagement, retention and/or sales
- Proven ability to use data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements, with an understanding of the digital marketing landscape and how content plays a role in SEO is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Experience using common marketing automation tools including WordPress, MailChimp and Hootsuite, etc.
The Capabilities and Skills that Matter:
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Good organizational, planning, and coordination skills
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently
- Proactive approach in resolving problems and issues
Why Should You Work for Us?
The Advantage Group offers an excellent work-life balance, including the following:
- Stable company, with an established client base and a continual steady growth
- Flex culture: work from anywhere and flexible hours
- Intelligent and passionate team members
- A unique business problem with a new challenge around every corner
- Competitive salary package including health benefits and Group RRSP
- Generous leave policy and winter holiday office closure
Interested candidates, please submit a Cover Letter and CV in English to our Human Resources Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants, but only those with relevant qualifications will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for anyone taking part in all aspects of the selection process.