Over thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback. Fast-moving consumer goods suppliers and retailers throughout North America began to recognize that strong and measurable relationships lie at the heart of improved business performance. From humble beginnings and a staunch and universal belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40 countries worldwide.
Posted December 22, 2021
Advantage Group International is seeking a passionate and innovative Senior Graphic Designer to grow our brand and join us on the journey of helping businesses be better together.
What Matters to Us:
Who We’re Seeking to Join Our Team:
We are looking for a detail-oriented and hard-working Senior Graphic Designer to join our Commercial and Market Development Team. Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Senior Graphic Designer should be a self-starter who is eager to take initiative and innovate when challenged. Attention to detail and a critical design eye are a must. We are looking for someone who is open to learning a lot at a very fast pace. There is an opportunity with this role to really make an impression on the visual identity of our brand, thus provoking change across our organization.
What Success Looks Like in this Role:
- Develop branded marketing collateral to support internal and external experiences (examples include icons, illustrations, PowerPoint-based presentations, reports, email campaigns, advertisements (print and digital), etc.)
- Support the Senior Multimedia Designer with iconography and graphics for inclusion within videos, gifs, and other media
- Support the Senior Designer, Digital Experiences with graphics, icons and up-to-date branding (colour pallets and other assets) for inclusion within our product’s survey, reports, PowerPoint downloads and client portal.
- Aid in the development of our corporate website with wireframes, sitemaps and high-fidelity mock-ups of both desktop and mobile environments
- Create ad-hoc logos aligned with our brand identity to support new product and service offerings as needed
- Manage the design and execution of branded internal and external email campaigns using a third-party platform
- Execute day-to-day design requests for new marketing materials or updates to existing materials (i.e., redesigns, resizing, reformatting and/or re-purposing of past materials)
- Identify design errors and make necessary adjustments and fixes prior to delivering final assets
What We’re Looking For:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design is required
- Minimum of 1-2 years work experience in a Graphic Design department or agency is considered an asset
- A portfolio that showcases the breadth and depth of your work across a variety of print and digital mediums
- Proficient in using the Adobe trifecta of design programs including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop; experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint specifically) is required
- Experience in designing corporate collateral, including presentations, printed brochures, sell sheets, advertisements, etc.
- Experience in creating web-based designs, including digital ads, email newsletters, web banners, and front-end web design (requires working knowledge of HTML and CSS)
- Proficiency with common marketing automation tools including WordPress and MailChimp
The Capabilities and Skills that Matter:
You must have:
- Strong visual design, design thinking and illustration skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills; bonus points if you are an exceptional speller and consider yourself a wordsmith
- Excellent at time management, balancing multiple projects with overlapping deadlines and setting priorities
You must be:
- A creative thinker: the ability to come up with novel solutions to established problems
- A critical thinker: the ability to grasp client needs and consider practical solutions
- A future thinker: the ability to streamline approaches and create ease for new applications
Why Should You Work for Us?
The Advantage Group offers an excellent work-life balance, including the following:
- Stable company, with an established client base and a continual steady growth
- Flex culture: work from anywhere and flexible hours
- Intelligent and passionate team members
- A unique business problem with a new challenge around every corner
- Competitive salary package including health benefits and Group RRSP
- Generous leave policy and winter holiday office closure
Interested candidates, please submit a Cover Letter and CV in English to our Human Resources Team at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, but only those with relevant qualifications will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request for anyone taking part in all aspects of the selection process.