Thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback.
Ron’s original idea to have retailers rate and rank their suppliers was first conceptualized in 1988. Not long after, fast-moving consumer goods suppliers and retailers throughout North America began to recognize that strong and measurable relationships lie at the heart of improved business performance.
From humble beginnings and a staunch belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40+ countries.
We are looking for a versatile software developer that can evolve with the software and the changing business climate. The successful candidate will be supporting in-house custom applications as well as working hand-in-hard with 3rd party vendors to ensure the back-office tools are functional and continue to improve. He or she will also be responsible for configuring and improving our CI tools and for evolving our processes and culture.
In other words, we need someone who:
- Has 8+ years of experience developing software, with a track record of successful production deployments.
- Is a developer who can work with full stack and is also excited about exploring other tools such as Tableau, Confirmit and Okta.
- Can work in an agile environment (be part of a team but manage your own time).
- Has the technical skills to work with all aspects of the application: UI, web services, databases, CI, automated testing tools.
- Is comfortable integrating with existing back-end system and with a variety of 3rd party tools.
- Wants to work with us to grow our development methodology.
- Can mentor other team members and promote new ideas and technical solutions.
Currently – in production – a variety of internal applications, external systems and manual processes are used to create surveys and analyse responses. We are replacing the existing processes with a brand-new large-scale back-office application. Your responsibilities will involve:
- Work as part of an agile team to implement new functionality and resolve existing issues.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to ensure they provide functional and stable solutions that are well coded and meet technical and business requirements.
- Test the work of other team members.
- Perform application configuration and deployment; improve our CI infrastructure.
You must have experience with two of the following:
- Java and typical Java libraries such as Spring Boot, JPA/Hibernate, etc.
- Analyzing and querying relational databases
Experience with the following is beneficial:
- Common development tools, such as Maven, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- BI tools like Tableau or PowerBI
- Any RAD or Agile development methodology
You should understand:
- Software architecture
- Relational data
- Software development processes and methodologies
- How the internet works
- Software and Internet security, privacy
The Advantage Group offers an excellent work-life balance, including the following:
- Stable company, with an established client-base and a continual steady growth.
- Flex culture: telecommute as needed, flexible hours, collaborative office space.
- Central downtown location near King subway station.
- Intelligent and passionate team members.
- Unique business problem, a new challenge around every corner.
- Competitive salary package including health benefits and Group RRSP.
- Generous leave policy and winter holiday office closure.
During COVID, we are working remotely from our home offices.
You will need to do the same until regular operations resume.
To apply, send your cover letter and CV to our Human Resources Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, but only those with relevant qualifications will be contacted.