Advantage believes that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry. Our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40+ countries for over 30 years.
Posted August 18, 2022
Advantage is seeking a senior software engineer to join our Digital team to help us improve and enhance the client-facing and back-office applications that drive our business.
Who We Are:
Who We Are Seeking:
We are looking for a versatile senior software developer that can evolve with the software and the changing business climate. The successful candidate will be supporting in-house custom full stack applications and working with several third-party tools like Tableau, Okta and survey management tools. They will be working hand-in-hard with team members as well as third-party vendors to ensure the custom systems that power our business are functional and continue to improve. They will also be responsible for configuring and improving our CI tools and for evolving our processes and culture.
In other words, we need someone who:
- Has 8+ years of experience developing software, with a track record of successful production deployments.
- Is a developer who can work with full stack and is also excited about exploring other tools such as Tableau, Okta, and survey management tools…our integrations and partnerships are in evolution to the ability to work with a number of new tools is key
- Can work in an agile environment (be part of a team but manage your own time).
- Has the technical skills to work with all aspects of the application: UI, web services, databases, CI, automated testing tools.
- Is comfortable integrating with existing back-end system and with a variety of third-party tools.
- Wants to work with us to grow our development methodology
- Leadership skills – can mentor other team members and promote new ideas and technical solutions
- Currently – in production – a variety of internal applications and external systems are used to create surveys, analyze responses, and report the results. We are maintaining current production systems and enhancing their functionality and performance. Your responsibilities will involve:
- Work with other senior technical resources to design the software and work on the critical software components.
- Work not just with full stack applications, but also enhance Tableau reports and surveys with custom scripts and extensions.
- Work as part of an agile team to implement new functionality and resolve existing issues.
- Work with third-party vendors to ensure they provide functional and stable solutions that are well coded and meet technical and business requirements.
- Mentor other team members, championing proper software design, defensive programming, code hygiene and critical thinking.
- Perform application configuration and deployment; improve our CI infrastructure.
Your Skill Set:
You should have experience with some of the following:
- Java and typical Java libraries such as Spring Boot, JPA/Hibernate, Apache POI, etc. Understanding how the Java layer constructs SQL queries and handles transactions is essential.
- Analyzing and querying relational databases
Experience with the following is beneficial:
- Common development tools, such as Maven, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, Birst
- Any RAD or Agile development methodology
You should understand:
- Software architecture
- Relational data
- Software development processes and methodologies
- How the internet works
- Software and Internet security, privacy
You must have:
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills.
- Discipline to be productive in an Agile environment.
- Willingness to learn and work with tools that are outside the traditional stack, such as Tableau, Okta, Confirmit, Tableau and others
You must be:
- A creative thinker: need to be able to come up with novel solutions to established problems and evaluate their business benefit.
- Business-savvy: need to be able to interact with both business specs and technical specs
- Detail-oriented (being able to pay close attention and notice minor details)
Why Should You Work With Us?
The Advantage Group offers an excellent work-life balance, including the following:
- Stable company, with an established client-base and a continual steady growth.
- Excellent work-life balance: flexible hours, hybrid working and generous vacation policy
- Opportunities for growth and professional development
- Fully remote work environment
- A paid day off on your birthday
- One volunteer day off per year
- Intelligent and passionate team members.
- Unique business and technical problems, a new challenge around every corner.
- Strong corporate culture: Monthly company-wide gatherings for global community-building
- Health benefits including counselling and mental health support
- Competitive compensation including Group RRSP
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace; therefore, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at Advantage.