Advantage believes that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry. Our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40+ countries for over 30 years.
We're looking for a ...
Posted February 10, 2023
Advantage Group International is seeking a software developer to help us improve and enhance the client-facing and back-office applications that drive our business.
Who We Are:
Who We Are Seeking:
We are looking for a versatile Software Developer who can evolve with the software and the changing business climate. The successful candidate will be supporting in-house custom full stack applications and working with tools like Tableau, Okta and survey management tools. The Software Developer will be working hand-in-hard with team members as well as with third-party vendors to ensure the custom systems that power our business are functional and continue to improve. The candidate will also be responsible for configuring and improving our CI tools and for evolving our processes.
In other words, we need someone who:
- Has 1 to 7 years of experience developing software applications.
- Is a developer who can work with full stack and is also excited about exploring other tools such as Tableau, survey management tools, and Okta.
- Can work in an agile environment (be part of a team but manage your own time).
- Has the technical skills to work with all aspects of the application: UI, web services, databases, CI, automated testing tools.
- Is comfortable integrating with existing back-end system and with a variety of third-party tools.
Currently – in production – a variety of internal applications and external systems are used to create surveys, analyse responses, and report the results. We are maintaining current production systems and enhancing their functionality and performance. Your responsibilities will involve:
- Work as part of an agile team to implement new functionality and resolve existing issues.
- Work not just with full stack applications, but also enhance Tableau reports and survey management tools with custom scripts and extensions.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to ensure they provide functional and stable solutions that are well coded and meet technical and business requirements.
- Test the work of other team members.
- Perform application configuration and deployment.
Your Skill Set:
You must have experience with some of the following:
- Java and typical Java libraries such as Spring Boot, JPA/Hibernate, Apache POI, etc.
- Analyzing and querying relational databases
Experience with the following is beneficial:
- Common development tools, such as Maven, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- BI tools like Tableau or PowerBI
You should understand:
- Software architecture
- Relational data
- Software development processes and methodologies
- How the internet works
- Software and Internet security, privacy (GDPR)
You must have:
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills.
- Discipline to be productive in an Agile environment.
- Willingness to learn and work with tools that are outside the traditional stack, such as Tableau, Okta, Forsta, Tableau and others.
You must be:
- A creative thinker: need to be able to come up with novel solutions to established problems and evaluate their business benefit.
- Business-savvy: need to be able to interact with both business specs and technical specs
- Detail-oriented (being able to pay close attention and notice minor details)
Why Should You Work With Us?
The Advantage Group offers an excellent work-life balance, including the following:
- Stable company, with an established client-base and a continual steady growth.
- Excellent work-life balance: flexible hours, hybrid working and generous vacation policy
- Opportunities for growth and professional development
- Fully remote work environment
- A paid day off on your birthday
- One volunteer day off per year
- Intelligent and passionate team members.
- Unique business and technical problems, a new challenge around every corner.
- Strong corporate culture: Monthly company-wide gatherings for global community-building
- Health benefits including counselling and mental health support
- Competitive compensation including Group RRSP
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace; therefore, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles at Advantage.