Thirty years ago, in Toronto, Canada, Founder Ron Pirie championed the belief that businesses work better together when they commit to actively listening and responding to each other’s feedback.
Ron’s original idea to have retailers’ rate and rank their suppliers was first sketched out on a pizza box. Not long after, fast-moving consumer goods suppliers and retailers throughout North America began to recognize that strong and measurable relationships lie at the heart of improved business performance.
From humble beginnings and a staunch and universal belief that stronger collaboration leads to better business results in any market and any industry, our relationship benchmarking capabilities have become the gold standard for measuring business-to-business engagement in over 40 countries.
The successful candidate ideally holds 3+ years of experience in a senior administrative, project management, analyst or market research role to manage the activities necessary for successfully executing both quantitative and qualitative benchmarking studies.
The Market Research Analyst (MRA) manages the activities necessary for executing Advantage benchmarking and Cadence programs. The MRA derives meaningful insights in support of Country Managers for analysis and deliverables needed to service our clients. Works closely with the Field Coordinator with shared responsibility for specific components of program execution.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the country manager and the program management team to ensure that the Advantage program runs on schedule and fits within the overall company-wide strategic goals to deliver high-quality outcomes.
- Works directly with the Country Manager and is responsible for the delivery of insightful reports to our clients that are closely aligned with their business strategy.
- Compiling client intelligence from different data sources. Retailer and Manufacturer structure, business units and categories in the markets.
- Compiling client requirements for clients purchasing advantage reports and developing the program retailer, supplier and category/competitive set lists with the program management team.
- Researching new suppliers and retailers to be included in programs to meet Advantage reference data standards.
- Responsible of the verification of the survey to meet client requirements and purchased deliverables. Works closely with Toronto Program Manager to ensure best practices are followed.
- Monitors survey response coverage daily with the Program Manager and makes critical decisions to correct gaps and ensure field closes on time.
- Communicates with clients and retailers in follow-ups by phone and/or email to ensure field closes on time.
- Collaborates with the program management team in Toronto with preparation and verification of data processing and reporting specifications and in assuring the integrity and quality of the data.
- Analyses the data set to ensure data confidentiality parameters are met as well as reportability to our clients.
- Performs some interviews and transcriptions to our identified key respondents and is responsible for the completion of qualitative research coordinating tasks and scheduling of temporary staff and budgeting.
- Effectively identify the story behind the data and clearly communicate findings.
- Use of strong communication and business writing skills to storyboard and assists the Country Manager with report preparation for client presentations in the local language.
This role is located in Milan, Italy. The first 2 months will be office based to facilitate training on the job and onboarding. After that the role will be home-office based, working remotely from home. Access to a telephone line is necessary.
- Frequently meeting with the team in Milan
- Occasionally meeting with clients within the country or region
- Occasionally Toronto Head Office
Advantage has identified the following set of competencies to be successful in the role and is expected to demonstrate and develop over time:
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking
Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
Knowledge of the necessity and value of teamwork; experience with and ability to participate effectively as part of a team.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
Understanding the value of accuracy and attention to detail; the ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Effective Communication
Understanding and applying effective communications concepts, tools, and techniques. The ability to effectively transmit, receive, and interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Results Orientation
Understanding of the importance of meeting or exceeding established targets and ability to drive critical activities to completion.
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Flexibility and Adaptability
Dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment.
- Managing Multiple Priorities
The ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Helping Others Succeed
Supporting others to improve performance and meet career and organization’s goals; and ability to motivate individuals and team.
- Client Leadership
Building strong internal and external client relationships and delivering client centric solutions.
The first interview round will be conducted in English, the second interview round will be conducted in Italian.